Saturday, November 10, 2012

Summary Post C4T Teacher #3

A Road Less Traveled


Post #1

In "Unfiltered and Unfinished-My Musings" by Scott Kemp, he post quotes. This quote was from Terry Fails in Up and Down. It basically said that he knew what he had to do. It may cost him everything, but when you follow your heart, you shouldn't allow the small insignificant things stop you from doing what you know is right. He also wrote some brief thoughts along with this quote. He said that we don't always do what is right because we do what is easy. We know what's right in our hearts so why don't we do what's right? I posted a comment on his Mr. Kemp's post telling him that I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 and that I agreed with the quote. I said that it is hard to do what's right and that we like to take the easy road instead sometimes. We know what's right in our heart and should always stick to it and not let the small worthless things stop us. I also told him that I would strive to always do what is right when I become a teacher. I will not try to take the easy road out of doing what is right. I will try to not let the little things that don't even matter discourage me from doing what is right. I thanked him for posting this quote!

Post #2

In "Unfiltered and Unfinished-My Musings" by Scott Kemp, he post quotes. The quote I commented on was from, Junot Diaz. It basically said that without getting lost first, how can you find something new? He asked a question below it about how can we get "lost" and find something new. If we are lost our eyes should be open. He also asked how universal curriculum hindered or supported this. I told him that I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I said that I agree that we need to get "lost" sometimes to find something new. I compared when I lived in Okinawa, Japan and learning new places by going down unfamiliar roads to education. Sometime you have to go down unfamiliar roads to learn something new to teach. I told him that I think universal curriculum hinders this because administrators don't like change usually. I told him that I think that teachers should be given a more flexible guideline to be able to branch out on.

2 comments:

  1. Is "Do No Wrong" (Google) the same as Do Right?
    I would add that if we are lost our eyesy should be open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essentially “Do No Wrong” is the same as “Do Right.” Although I think that sometimes we do some things wrong even if we try our best to “Do Right.” I mentioned in my blog post that I will strive to do what is right. Considering that I am human, I know that I will make mistakes along the way.

    ReplyDelete