Friday, November 9, 2012

C4K Posts for the Month of October

C4K #3
In Ms. Dunlop's class, I commented on"Braedan's post". Braedan is a fourth grade student. He wrote his post about his trip to Florida. On this trip his i-touch was dead and he didn't seem to have a great ride there. He went to a hotel and luckily he was able to have some fun swimming. I told him that I was a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strang's EDM310 class. I also told him that I live in the panhandle of Florida. Braden didn't seem to have much fun on this trip other than the swimming, so I commented on that. Being that his i-touch was dead for the trip to Florida, I told him that I hope he was able to charge it, for the rest of his trip.

C4K #4
I commented on"A New Type of Learning"written by John on "The USHRS Blog". He explained how his first week in US History class went surprisingly unexpected. This hasn't completely changed his outlook on school, but he is optimistic about this class. The class this year will be more technologically centered. Not only will he connect with other students, but students will also connect with the teacher. Students will have a chance to figure out information on their own. He seems to be excited about this style of learning. I told him that I was a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class and that I enjoyed reading his post. I also mentioned we are learning to be the type of teacher he had described. I told him, that knowing students will get more out of a class like this, is encouraging.

C4K #5
I commented on "The Living Branch" by Angela. This is her first draft of this story. She wrote about a "living branch" on a living tree and how it goes through the different seasons. She was very descriptive about how the branch felt going through the seasons. The branch thought the summer was very hot and then it enjoyed the cool breezes of fall. Angela wrote about how harsh the winter was on the branch and how it wondered if it would survive and live another year. In the comment I left for her, I told her that I was a student at the University of South Alabama and in Dr. Strange's class, EDM310. I also told her that fall is the season that I enjoy most. I told her this was a good first draft.

C4K #6
I commented on "Quiana's post". She is a student from Alberta, Canada. She said in her post that she like to do gymnastics. She said that she lived in the Rocky Mountains in Rocky province. I told her that I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's class, EDM310 and that I live in Florida. I told her that was about an hour away from Mobile, Alabama where I go to school. I asked her if she had ever been to the United States. I told her that I had never been to Canada, but hope to go there one day. I told her that I had two daughters who also enjoyed doing gymnastics. I asked her if she watched the Olympics this summer, like my girls enjoyed doing. I visited her favorite links and found that she had posted the song "Beautiful," by Christina Aguilera. I told that I had seen that she posted that song and I like that song too.

C4K #7 Special Edition

I commented on "We Finally Viewed the Original!" by Dr.Paige Vitulli and Dr. Susan Santoli on their blog, "Eyes on Ireland." This post is about them finally getting to view a painting that is only allowed limited exposure to light. They did however get a chance to take a picture of it without using a flash. I told Dr. Vitulli that I am a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM310 and that I commented on her page at the beginning of the semester. I told her that I was glad they were enjoying Ireland. I also mentioned that I never knew that some paintings had certain viewing hours for limited light exposure. I told her that the picture they were allowed to take without using flash was awesome. I could only imagine how it may look in person. She asked a question below the picture of the painting, asking if something in your life that you have read, seen, or heard has changed you as a person. I told her that I have had a few things that have happened like that to me. I couldn't think of one example at the moment, but I know that it has happened.

The meeting on turret stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment