Thursday, November 29, 2012

C4K Posts for the Month of November

C4K #8

I commented on "The Runner's Nightmare" by Zoey F. This post was a great story. She wrote about how a girl named Lily loved to run. In this story, Lily moved to a new school. She made two great friends Sam and Sarah. She talked about going to a dance and how much fun she had. Then Lily had a track meet, but her mom wasn't there. After her track meet she wakes up in a hospital. She realizes that her legs have been amputated due to a wreck while she was in on the bus. This is sad for a 13 year old to go through, but her friends were very supportive. She went back to school and everyone was glad that she had returned. I told Zoey that I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's class, EDM310. I told her that I enjoyed reading this story and how lucky Lily was to have supportive friends during this time in her life. It is scary to think that this could happen to anyone. I was glad that Lily didn't just give up, but did return to school. I asked Zoey F. if she watched the Olympics this summer and if she had seen Oscar Pistorius that had a double-below knee amputee. Even after his legs were amputated he still ran track. I ended my comment by telling her that I thought her story had a good lesson in it. That we shouldn't take for granted what we have, because it can be gone in a blink of an eye.

Oscar Pistorius


C4K #9

I commented on "IBMcClean02's" blog post about the French Revolution. He explained that the world would be much different today if the French Revolution hadn't happened. I told him that even though the world isn't perfect today are we glad that things happened like they did. He had several links in his blog to help tell about the information he was writing about. I told him that I was a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I told him that we are making links in our blog post too! I told him that I think that he did a great job and shared some good information.

The French Revolution


C4K #10

I commented on "The State Capitol" by Ms. Yim. They went to the State Capitol on a field trip. They were allowed to take their iPads for the trip. They took video and pictures during their visit to the capitol and recorded their visit with the Governor of Alabama. I told them that my name is Amanda Rice and I am in Dr. Strange's class EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I told them that I watch their video of the trip to the State Capitol. I said that it looked like they had fun on their trip and I think it was a great idea that they were allowed to take their iPads. I told them that I had never visited the capitol of Alabama, but I enjoyed seeing it through watching the video that they made.

State Capitol of Alabama

1 comment: