Saturday, October 20, 2012

C4T #2

Scootpad
C4T #1 I posted a comment for "Richard Byrne" on his post about "ScootPad". The ScootPad is a free program that connects teachers with students and possibly with parents. Teachers can teach common core curriculum on mathematics and reading using this program. Teachers can post homework assignments with activation and deactivation dates. It monitors students and their progress. ScootPad shows charts and scales of students assessments. Parents can see what their children are learning. I told Mr. Byrne that I think this is an awesome way for students to do homework. I think this is a great program and I would love to use it in my classroom when I become a teacher!

C4T #2
I posted a comment for Richard Byrne on his post about "Six Multimedia Timelines Creation Tools for Students". In this post he mentions six timeline programs. One that he mentions is Time Toast that we have learned about in EDM310. The other programs are Meograph,Dipity, XTimeline,myHistro, and TimeGlider. These are different from Time Toast. In Meograph you can create a timeline that not only timeline based, but also map-based. Using Dipity, the timelines you create can include text, images, and videos. The program myHistro also can include maps with the timeline like Meograph, but using google maps. He said that XTimeline would be better for teaching high school students. TimeGlider compares to XTimeline and it accepts A.D. and B.C. dates. I told him that I wasn't aware of all of these programs, but I had learned about TimeToast. I told him that I was excited to try some of the timeline creators that included the use of maps and videos! I think these will be great tools to use when I become a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment